Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Significance of community (reflection)

To me, the significance of community has always been an important aspect of everyday social life. It can help one feel at ease to be surrounded by those that they know. Without a community, life for one would be very boring and dull in my opinion. No one to talk to and would be all alone in that one environment or location.

If there was no community in a church, then what meaning does that church have if there is no one there for the Pastor/priest to preach to? A committed community is needed to help keep the church going and through this, peoples faith will grow.

Luckily the church I did my project in had a community, a small yet very strong and close-knit community. The commitment which I saw within them was very impressive, they would wait 5 and a half hours in the church for the afternoon service after the morning service on a Sunday. The people wanted to that so they can be with each other, and that leads me to believe that community has a lot of meaning and importance to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment